6 Tips for your D.I.Y. Save The Dates
1. Don’t wait
- Be early. If you want to send out your invitations in September, go talk to your designer/printer in the July/August. Wedding printing sometimes takes some time with the designing/production…you have to allow some freedom if your printer is busy with other projects.
2. Get inspired
- Check out Pinterest for new ideas and trending styles.
3. Keep it simple
- Sometimes the best designs are the minimalistic (think Apple). Also try to limit the number of fonts you use, as too many fonts can be distracting.
4. Spell Check
- Check it. Have your mom check it. Have your 9th grade English teacher check it. Reprinting is time consuming AND costly.
5. Talk to your printer
- Prices & delivery time can vary greatly based on paper type, thickness, material, and quantity.
- Be organized. Bring in examples of what you want. Measure the sizes of the finished project. Bring it your dress swatches from David’s Bridal.
6. Make it Personal
- Think about your hobbies and shared interests and come up with some themes for your save the dates!